UPDATE: They did it! The longest recoded kiss is officially between two gay men. 32 Hours and 30 Minutes. Well done Matty and Bobby. Check out what’s being said about them on Twitter by following the #MattyBobbyKiss Tag.
Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello, students @ The College of New Jersey, attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Longest Continuous Kiss in support of LGBT rights. View it live on the USTREAM embed below or click here if you are reading this post from an external RSS reader that does not support embedded flash.
Matty and Bobby will attempt to break the world record for longest recorded “Longest Continuous Kiss”. The record is currently held in Germany as of Valentine’s day 2009, by Nikola Matovic and Kristina Reinhart, and was last held in the United States in 2001. The record currently stands @ 32 hours 7 minutes and 14 seconds. The record has never before been held by a homosexual coupling. Matty and Bobby plan to be the first pair of men to change that.
Join Matty and Bobby during these days to support the uprising of the GLBTQ community, in an effort of student activism, and in support of equal rights for every individual regardless of sexual orientation or gender, with an event that is sure to show the American community, and the world, that a kiss between two men (and women) can be so simple.
After years of fighting bigotry and discrimination, it’s time to put down our words and demonstrate otherwise. When there’s nothing left to say, say it with a kiss.
1. The Kiss must be continuous and the lips must be touching @ all times.
2. If the lips part – the couple is immediately disqualified
3. Contestants must be over the age of consent in the country the event is being held.
4. The couple must be awake @ all times.
5. The contestants must stand during the attempt and cannot be propped together by any aids, such as pillows,
cushions or people.
6. No breaks are allowed.
7. Incontinance pads or adult nappies/diapers are not allowed.
8. Couples must not leave the venue during their attempt.
Matty and Bobby have been undergoing a rigorous diet, nutrition, exercise, and physical stamina routine in order to prepare for the event.
JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Subscribe to the DAVIDVENTER.NET Email Newsletter, delivered every Friday.
Get the latest articles, release notifications, and product & service announcements.