For those of you who don’t know, Uber is an awesome smartphone app that seamlessly connects you with a driver at the tap of a button. Getting around Jo’burg without your own mode of transport has just become a lot easier now that Uber Johannesburg has officially launched. Uber Johannesburg is currently only available in the BLACK ride option (Mercedes Benz C Class, BMW 3 Series, Audi A6) at a base fare of R60 + R3.80 per minute or R10 per kilometer, with the lower cost uberX and Taxi said to become available later.
I’m one of those people who don’t drive myself; I always make use of friends, family, metered cabs and the Gautrain to get around town. Uber is making it really easy for people like me to get around when we need to. Let’s take a look at what the Uber app has to offer…
Uber is your private driver in over 40 cities and 15 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles ( Currently only one option in Jo’burg, more to come in the future) and get fare quotes in the app. Add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Easily set up your pickup location on the map even if you don’t know the exact address. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. Uber will email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
- An entirely new modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Subscribe to the DAVIDVENTER.NET Email Newsletter, delivered every Friday.
Get the latest articles, release notifications, and product & service announcements.